Saturday, September 04, 2004

Fence

We are looking to get a dog.

A puppy is preferable.

We have cats and we need the two to get along. Plus, the boys haven't experienced a puppy yet, neither have I.

The puppy must also grow up to be a big dog, my preference. I'd like a lab or shepherd.

I went to go see an eight-month-old yellow lab today at the local animal clinic. He's already pretty big, definitely past the little puppy stage. A "teenager" is what My Wife would call him.

His name is Fence. Someone had found him tied up to one, underfed and with ringworm.

As soon as I started petting him, he started peeing all over the floor. After that incident he was VERY happy to see me (if you know what I mean). This guy definitely needs to be fixed.

He's a really sweet and beautiful dog. We're gonna pass though and still hold out for a younger puppy. The clinic will find a home for him.

No comments: