Friday, September 23, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Update: Friday morning 9:45 am

My family and I are still in Houston.

The in-laws tried to get out yesterday afternoon but only got 2.8 miles in several hours. The traffic getting out of Houston was horrible yesterday, I don't think it is as bad today.

There is also a gasoline shortage that is keeping many people here or stranding them on the side of the road because of the horrible traffic nightmare.

This morning it is sunshining and warm and breezy. I'm outside cutting some plywood to put on 3 French doors that we have on the rear of the house.

Right now it is expected to hit at 4 am tomorrow. About 18 hours from now. We're hoping that Rita hits to the east of us so that we won't be on the 'dirty' side.

I'll make updates as long as I have electricity.

No comments: