Friday, September 08, 2006

One of my favorite movies is on tonight...

Harold and Maude (1971) on TCM at 7:00 pm CST.

I love this movie. Be sure to catch it if you have never seen it. The soundtrack really goes well with this movie, it made me a Cat Stevens fan.

Synopsis


An eccentric but idealistic octogenarian who's been on her own for years hooks up with a rich, ghoulish, not-yet-twenty loner who's been in search of love. Both grasp at enjoying the simple pleasures in life--regardless of what the outside world has to say about their quirky winter-summer romance.

A good quote -

Maude ... "A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they're not dead, really. They're just... backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt, even! Play as well as you can. Go team! GO! Give me an L! Give me an I! Give me a V! Give me an E! L. I. V. E. LIVE! ...Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room."

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

Harold and Maude is indeed one of the truly great movies of all time ... Few filmmakers today have to ability to tell such a timeless story