Monday, January 15, 2007

Going the Extra Mile

Last week I went to Wendy's for lunch.

I was going to go through the drive thru.

A green SUV pulled into the parking lot before me. I could see that the line of cars was backed up and that one couldn't get to the back of the line from the main driveway. I quickly made a sharp right and went behind a line of parked cars and was able to get to the back of the line.

As the line of cars moved forward, the lady in the green SUV waved at me and I motioned for her to get in line ahead of me. After all, I knew she had pulled in before me. However, I don't think she saw me pull in behind her and go around a different way.

After I had ordered, I was getting the exact change from my pockets and noticed her looking at me in her side rear view mirror. I pulled up to get my food and was handing the man my money when he told me that the lady in front of me had already paid for my food. He then told me that she had done so because I had let her go in front of me.

She was about to pull out and I lowered my window and stuck my arm out and waived at her. She waived back and we went seperate directions.

I was just doing the right thing by letting her go ahead of me but her act of generosity really made my day. Thank you again whoever you are!

2 comments:

One Wink at a Time said...

Wow. Don't you love when stuff like this happens? I always try to treat people with courtesy. Every once in awhile it comes back to you and makes it all worth it.

(I'm having a terrible time posting comments here, in case you want to know. First it won't take my password and it's making me type in the word verification like 3 times... I've seen this happen before with the new blogger)

Pete Moss said...

That was great... Hard to see these days.